Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday thoughts (because I didn't do it on Monday)

Can I be honest with you?  I hope so.  It's hot here.  I mean really hot.  I am thankful for air conditioning and ice. . . seriously.   When it's hot I just don't feel like doing anything.  Really. Nothing at all.  It's bad.  I'm not even fixing dinner tonight.  Sandwiches and leftover hot dogs.  See the creativity going on here is awesome

But, despite the heat and my lack of motivation, I am feeling compelled to sit here and write, share, and just be real.

It's National Cookie Day and it's 100 degrees outside.  I think I should make cookies, but not sure if it's worth heating up the house.  We've eaten through most of our flash frozen cookie balls, so it's time to restock.  I should probably bake some up.  I will probably make these cookies because I haven't made them in awhile.

Today is also National Hummus Day and while I am not going to be making any hummus today, I did make some on Saturday.  This recipe is probably my new favorite recipe!  I can't wait to make it again!

I am making plans to keep my kids busy this summer.  I am super excited about Regal's summer movie list and am thinking we will be there every week.  I am also thinking kinetic sand, and a few other things.  I've been pinning ideas like crazy.

Our neighbor wants to re do our fence, which is great.  He just hasn't told us when (it's leaning terribly!).  I really want to put up an outdoor chalkboard and am seriously ready to put it up and then take it down.  We will see how that goes.

I am also working on getting our Letter of the Week stuff ready for Weston come mid August.  I am determined to be very organized this next school year.  (we will see how long that lasts!).

And finally, the kiddos are getting some grandma and grandpa time this weekend, which leaves plenty of time for a weekend of dates with my husband. . . and maybe some sewing time.  My sewing machine has been feeling lonely lately!

And one more last thing. . . I saw this going around Facebook this week and it made me laugh and cry and wonder if they were spying on my children.  Click it and watch it.  It's worth  your time.  (I may note: that I am NOT sick of Frozen yet and we listen to it on repeat in our car daily).
Happy clicking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...