Thursday, June 04, 2009

Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, I am blogging today instead of cleaning. In the room next to me, sits a rather large mess of dishes, babyfood that needs to be made, along with many, many other things on my list (any takers ?) Last week, I found a recipe in my recipe collection for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough To-Go by Mrs. Fields. I remember writing down that recipe on a trip to Idaho to visit my Aunt and Uncle. These cookies sounded so delicious! And now over 5 years later, I finally have made them. The funny thing is, I didn't tell my husband about the cookies and he said he was thinking about how they tasted like a Mrs. Field's cookie. So, I am hoping that that was a compliment because I certainly enjoyed them. In fact, the other half of the dough is sitting in the freezer just waiting patiently until I cook some more up. Here's the recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 sticks, unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup coarsly chopped pecans
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (I also added a half bag of white chocolate chips)

In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, cream sugars and butter together. Beat eggs and vanilla and gently stir in nuts and chocolate chips.

I baked half of my dough right away and through the rest of it in a 1 qt. freezer bag and stuck in the freezer. They can be frozen for up to 6 months.

Bake at 300 for 20 minutes or so.


1 comment:

  1. I have this recipe and like it very much. I feel virtuous when I eat them since they have oatmeal. Cholesterol Buster Cookies!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...