Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Honeyed Chocolate Chip Cookies


I know that I have mentioned that I am always looking for new chocolate chip cookie recipes . . . and now I must mention that I think I am going to see how long it takes me before I break down and just make the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Tonight, I gave Jon a choice of several variations of chocolate chip cookies to pick from and he picked this one. I have to admit, I was very curious how they would taste, too. Anything with honey has got to be scrumptious, right?

I found this recipe here. Because this recipe contains honey, I must let you know that the recipe cooks at a lower temperature and browns beautifully! They also stay moist for longer and are chewy (the good kind of chewy). I just had a piece of a cookie (2 days later) and they still feel and taste just like they popped out of the over (minus the warm, melty feeling). Someday. . . I will make these cookies again! Please try this and let me know your thoughts. . . I am very curious! Happy baking! :)
Here's the recipe:
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in honey and both eggs, adding the eggs in one at a time. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Working by hand or at a low speed, gradually incorporate flour mixture into honey mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie to allow for the dough to spread.Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies are golden brown. Cool for 3-4 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...