Thursday, October 09, 2014

Thursday Thoughts








I went on a mini vacation with my husband last weekend.  Let me rephrase that: I went on a kid-free get-a-way with my husband last weekend.  I ate delicious food.  There were no kids saying they didn't like what was for dinner. I got to have conversations with my husband without being interrupted.  I got to watch cable TV.   It was awesome!  And hot.

Seriously people, who are enjoying actual fall like weather and not triple digit weather (at the beach!), I am jealous.  Seriously!  I just want to drink a hot latte without breaking into a sweat.  I want to open up my house and let the cool air flow in.  I want to wear a sweatshirt and dress in layers.

We don't have cable.  I know, weird, right?  We have netflix, and I feel like there is plenty of stuff to watch on regular TV alone (Seriously, stressing about fitting it all in. . . and I am sooo behind).  But, when we go away, I love to watch cable tv.  I love the Food Network and HGTV, and all those other crazy cable channels.  This weekend, I finally got to check out Jen Hatmaker's show My Big Family Renovation.  I LOVED it.  I think my husband did too, because we watched several episodes of it before we forced ourselves to leave during a commercial break.

Speaking of TV, here's what I am watching this season:  Castle, Bones, Big Bang Theory, Scorpian, NCIS, NCIS LA, NCIS New Orleans, The Mysteries of Laura, Hawaii 5-0, and I am probably forgetting some.  I'm also trying to catch up on Once Upon a Time from last season (It's my binge watching show),

I am currently working on some projects to decorate my house for Fall. I can't wait to show you!  I am trying some new things and even helped my husband cut some wood.  It's going to be awesome.  In the meantime, we can't find our dining room table.

I am buckling down and getting super organized, too.  It's pretty awesome.  So far.  Right now, everything is on hold until I find my house.  I'm not sure what happened, but cleaning just hasn't happened in over a week and I am going crazy.  My husband is going crazy.  I am just not sure where to start.  Good thing, tomorrow, the only plans we have are to stay at home.  First time all week.  We sure are having fun, but this house really needs to get clean.  We even have wood chips on our floor. . . I think my son brings them home.

Now, I'm off to go find my kitchen.  Dinner time is calling.  Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...