Monday, July 04, 2016

4th of July & our Dining Room

Happy 4th of July!   We are back from our crazy multi-state adventure and we are ready to celebrate today with our family.  Bring on the swimming, hotdogs, salads, cookies, and fireworks (of course!)!  But first, I thought I would share my dining room with you since I haven't gotten around to posting that and also because I got it all ready for the 4th of July. 
First, a little about our dining room.  It sits in the same room as our living room (you can see that post, here).  There is also a divider that separates our entry way from it also.  It's painted the same as the living room, because it's pretty much all one room.  All the details are on the living room post

Once we did the floors last June, we we wanted to find some sort of buffet or hutch to go on the back wall and so one Saturday, I went and checked out Salvation Army to see if I could find a buffet or console table, but ended up finding this beauty for less than $150.  I sent pictures to my husband and we claimed it quick because others were starting to admire it.  I couldn't believe just how well it all ended up fitting together! 




So, that's our dining room area.  We love having a separate space for a formal eating area and we use it whenever we have company.  The house is still in the process of being picked up after we were on vacation, but it feels so much better than it did (it was a mess!).  My next goal for this room is to re-do the chair seats. . . they are kind of yucky after small kids and white.   But, we've had them for about 9 years and we love them!  

Most of the Patriotic stuff I made and shopped from what I already had.  To fill the glass jar, I used kidney, black, and white beans, which is a really inexpensive jar filler.  The mason jars are all painted with chalk paint and the pinwheels came from one of my Paper Pumpkin kits.  

It's time to go frost the cookies, so I had better go!  Have a wonderful time celebrating our Nation's independence!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...