Monday, July 11, 2016

Connection Time!








Today, I am fighting a horrendous headache that came on as I was walking out the door to swim lessons. . . seriously the worst timing ever!  So far a latte and aleeve have not killed this thing and so this blog post might just be weird.  Sorry about that.  Today marks the start of vacation where we are staying put and spending the majority of our time at home (with the exception of a few day adventures here and there).  The kids are relaxing and claiming to be bored and it's pretty much awesome.  I've been working on some top secret creative things and I can't wait to share them! 

This is probably one of my favorite posts where I just get to share my life with you.  It's more personal, like we are going to sit down and have coffee and just chat.  Maybe someday, I can get brave and video chat like Emily does over at her blog (btw, have you read her blog. . . she's awesome!). 

Outside my window the sun is shining, our grass is pretty much dead, but my succulents are doing wonderfully.  I think I need to plant more! It's pretty quiet and I love it!  There is a slight breeze. . . that my husband says is a trough, but whatever it is, I love it!  It makes our summer a little more bearable! 

I am thinking of just how sad the world is right now and how it breaks my heart.  Everyone seems so angry and bitter that I just want to stay at home and never leave.  It's peaceful here. 








Also, I am thinking that I need to start ordering stuff for school. . . but I am avoiding it, because I feel kind of like our summer just started.  And seriously, target. . . too early.  And Gap. . . stop selling long sleeve shirts. . . my kids still need shorts for school until probably November. . . . I can't even think about long sleeve shirts right now. 

From the kitchen Right now, I need to do some dishes and make some jam.  But, the BAKE magazine is seriously awesome.  I made a Georgia peach pie that pretty much kicked butt in the pie department last week.  I can't wait to share that one with you!  Ethan is working on learning to cook this summer and this week, we are making a pumpkin dessert. . . in July.  Yep.  He is definitely my son and pumpkin obsessed!

I am wearing a t-shirt and jeans.  My t-shirt has a stain on it and my jeans are new and so comfy.  We had swim lessons this morning and didn't feel like throwing on my yoga pants and t-shirt.  I was in the look like a human mood.  :)

I am creating something with fabric and there is a huge mess on my office floor.  Today, my goal is to iron and cut out fabric and start sewing.  If it all goes according to plan, it is going to be awesome!  It's top secret for the time being. 

I am going to enjoy the quiet.  The majority of our summer has been going and going and super fun, and now it's time to enjoy the quiet and just relax, sleep in, and create. 

I am reading nothing at the moment.  I honestly haven't had time, but starting today, something is going be started!  Bring on the reading!

I am hoping . . . honestly, for this headache to bite the dust.  Tonight, I plan on sneaking off with my first born and spending some time with him.  I am hoping it works out!

I am hearing the air conditioner going and the tv streaming movies.  I haven't heard arguing for a good hour now and I am just going to enjoy it.  Quiet time starts in a bit, so I am ready for some rest time and project time!

Around the House dishes that need done, legos and cars everywhere, a couple of piles that need to be dealt with, but there is fun happening at every corner.  I love it! 

One of my favorite things So, right now I can't get enough sparkling water.  I think I may have to do a post on it, because I am just finding it so refreshing this summer!

A few plans for the week - sew, bake, read.  Probably some cleaning in the middle of all that and some swimming with friends, but that's pretty much my week.  It really is the first week we've had no concrete plans (with the exception of swim lessons)

What I am listening to I've been kind of slow on the music front, but I've been catching up on the Jamie Ivey Podcast and thinking about the Johnnyswim album. . . looking for something new.  Suggestions?





If you would like to join in the fun, fill out our own in the comments or on my facebook page and let's connect!  

Outside my window
I am thinking
From the kitchen
I am wearing
I am creating
I am going
I am reading
I am hoping
I am hearing
Around the House
One of my favorite things
A few plans for the week
What I am listening to 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...