Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Flag art for the little ones

So, it's been a long time since I've posted any fun literary/art projects to do with the little ones.  So, I thought I would do a quick post in honor of tomorrow's 4th of July celebration.  These are really fun activities to do with the kids, especially when it's so hot outside.
This flag was pretty easy.  Just take construction paper strips and and blue square and then white "circles" for the stars.  I precut everything and let Ethan glue it.  We did this one last year, when he was three.
The other day, I just let them paint with empty paper towel rolls and used red and blue paint.  Weston and Ethan both had fun with this one.  I love how the circles come out differently depending on how hard they press the tubes into the paint and then again on the paper.  Each one is so diverse!
I found this idea online yesterday, and Ethan did it today during naptime.  It's a dot-a-dot coloring sheet. This was pretty easy for Ethan, and he was able to do it independently (which gave this mamma a much needed break!).  You can print it out here.
This one was a finger print painting.  Ethan started out using the eraser of a pencil, but ended up just painting his stripes with a paint brush.  Weston finished this one with some mommy help.  But, I love the imprints of his tiny fingers.  

Have a happy 4th of July!  I can't wait to share with you what I'm making!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...