Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Popcorn in the whirley pop

I've been sitting here staring at this picture of some yummy popcorn wondering what to even write.  I think I am tired.  That, and my neck is really messed up today.  Oh well. . . must overcome writer's block!

For Christmas, Jon and I got a whirley pop, and to be honest it has seriously sat on a shelf forgotten.  Is it weird that I was kind of scared of it?  I'm really not sure why.  It may have been partly because we've been I have had a busy 5 months and now I actually had time to take it out and just play.  I wish I would have taken it out so much sooner.  Popcorn is so much better with this thing!  It has the best crunchy feel and is WAY better that those you can pop in the microwave.
Then, when I was doing a gift for my best friend's Birthday week gift extravaganza, I found this recipe (I know that she has a whirley pop and swears by it), so I figured this would be an awesome recipe for her.  So, I bagged up the ingredients as instructed by this blog post.  But, for the month of June, this recipe has been calling my name to actually make. . . you know, to see if it was actually any good.  

So, last Thursday, when one was napping and the other was coloring (or hanging out with is dad, who had the 4th of July off), I decided to whip (or whirl?) up a batch.  In reality, I was bored and just needed something to do.  

This recipe was so easy and SO amazingly good!  It is definitely going in my recipe box to be made again.  Oh, the yumminiess!  

Here's the recipe:

Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn

Combine in the Whirley-Pop:
  • 1/4 cup white popcorn kernals
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup sugar
Cook over medium heat while stirring with lid closed until done. Once the popcorn is done add the cinnamon sugar mixture and stir for 2 minutes with the lid closed.

Topping Mixture:
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoom salt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...