Friday, October 12, 2018

What's for dinner {September 2018}

Happy Friday Sweet Reader Friends! 

I don't know about you, but I am so thankful it's Friday.  It has been such a busy, week mixed in with some exciting things and some fun things.  I know that I am not the only one who is dealing with a crazy fall.  Between soccer practices and all the things that fill up a calendar finding time to make dinner or even have dinner as a family can be a challenge.  Who's with me? 

Two to three nights a week, I'm pretty sure that out of 4 of us, we eat at 3 different times!  It can cause any meal plan a little bit of stress and sometimes it might just be easier to get take out, but I hope that this post can bring you a bit of inspiration to your meal plan. 

Since, I took a little bit of a break over the summer with these posts, some of these will be some repeats because they are just that good and that easy!  So, here's what we ate in September:

Grilled Chicken, Chopped Salad, and Grilled Potatoes
This dinner was a clean out the fridge kind of night.  So I marinated some chicken breasts I had in the freezer with this recipe and grilled them.  They were so tasty!  The potatoes I sliced were tossed in olive oil and seasoned with some salt and pepper and tossed on the grill!  And that salad was the Mediterranean chopped salad from the grocery store.  It's my Ethan's favorite!  (also doing a happy dance that my son eats salad!).

Pulled Pork Picnic Salad
I mentioned earlier that we've been spending a lot of dinner time at the soccer field.  And since, we've been eating a lot of Whole 30 based foods, this one is my favorite go-to!  In face, I'm going to make it tonight for dinner!  All it is is some chopped romaine lettuce, tomato wedges, thinly sliced onions and some pulled pork, tossed in with this dump ranch.  The Pulled Pork, I get from Costco.  It comes in 2 pack that is pre-cooked.  All you have to do is stick it in the crockpot on low and cook for a few hours to warm it up.  Easy Peasy! 

BBQ Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
That same Pork that I made in the salad above lasts more than one night!  Score for two meals in one!  We just tossed the leftovers in some BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is our favorite, but not Whole 30), Stuffed it in a baked sweet potato and drizzled some of that dump ranch over the top.  So delicious and so easy! 

Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
There are so many of these floating around Pinterest like this one.  It's my favorite quick dinner recipe and it's whole 30 when we use Aidells Apple Chicken Sausage. . . so win!  Also. . . pretty much everyone eats this and so yeah.  Complete win!  Plus, roasted veggies are a great way to win your kids over to veggies because they taste so good! 

Steak and Sweet Potato Bowls
So, this recipe just makes me drool just thinking about it!  The combo of the dressing and roasted sweet potatoes and steak just make me all hungry!  These bowls are amazing.  In fact, you need this on your meal plan this month!  This one is pretty easy because you can make them ahead of time and eat the bowls while you are watching your kids practice soccer or eat it as a family and feel good about the deliciousness that you are feeding them!  Also, my husband does NOT do avocados and still likes this without the drizzle or sliced avocados.  So, it's still a win if there is someone who is anti avocados. 
You can find this recipe here.


And that's it for this post for September's What's for Dinner.  If you need any more quick and easy recipes check out this post.

Do you have any recipes that need to be on our menu?  Put a link to your favorite recipe in the comments so we can try it this month. . . I am in a rut. . . it happens! 

Have a great weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...