Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Farewell 2018 & Hello 2019!

 
 Hi there.  It's been a few weeks since I've made space for this little blog.  Christmas, three weeks of vacation, and really bad colds was enough to wave the white flag of surrender and take a break.  It was a great way to end the year  (minus the yucky colds that we all ended up with).  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

First, I just wanted to review 2018.  It was a great year over here that I can't quite wrap my head over the fun things we've done.

 :: We took some fun trips (Northern California, Disneyland, The Grand Canyon, and North Carolina) along with some fun small trips to the beach and we went to the mountains in search of snow (success!).
:: Deliciousness was baked up! Bread making skills are improving, and I figured out how to bake gluten free baked goods without compromising flavor or texture.  My Pumpkin Muffin Recipe is still being pinned and visited like crazy.
:: I slowed down a little bit and said no to a few things and it has been great to have days that aren't filled up so much.  When we aren't as busy, we have time for the things that fuel us. . . the things that bring us joy.
:: We did a revamp of the kids bedroom... which I am almost finished so I can share (just a few more things for the wall and I will be done!  
:: I did a couple of Bible Studies and really dug into Scripture Memory.  I'm still working on making time for that.  I think that might be a constant battle about making that a priority, but it's so important, so I will keep plugging along.
:: I got to talk to a women's Bible Study about some ways to help memorize based on our personal learning styles.  I loved it!  I love teaching other women and encouraging them to grow in the walk with Christ.  Talking in front of large groups is something I NEVER thought I would do.  I was totally that soft spoken, shy little girl who never raised her hand because she was afraid to talk in front of people, even if it was a classroom of sweet friends. God definitely creates passions out of our weaknesses!
:: My family made our physical health a priority (more so than ever before).  We changed the way we eat and we joined a gym.
:: I did a lot more sewing and crafting and it did my heart some good.
:: I went to a lot of soccer practices and games and continued to serve in our church Welcome Cafe and leading in my favorite Bible Study.

Now, looking ahead into 2019.
::  Saying no to more.  I really had a huge thought that I realized that even though I am a stay at home momma, I realized that my kids probably are not always my priority.  I want to spend more time cuddling with them on the couch and playing games and not thinking "mom's in the office working on stuff." While sometimes I will have projects that need finishing, I want to make sure that when we are home I am making an effort at putting my kids first.

:: Also, there were things that were stealing my joy and so this year, I stepped down from the Bible Study I was involved in and decided that I was going to take a break.  Sometimes breaks are needed.  Our study was going to do 2 studies in a matter of 12 weeks and that was just. . . a lot.  I love Scripture.  I love digging in and going deep, but I don't like feeling rushed and I definitely don't like doing my best work.  So, this year, I will be digging in to The She Reads Truth studies and Writing the Word with this book.  I'm also setting aside time to listen to podcasts and take notes along with reading more books!  I say this one every year, but this is the year!  Success is going to happen!

:: In the kitchen, I am going to keep working on bread making, this tying out laminated dough and more sourdough fun.  Jon got me a bread lame for Christmas and I am super excited to give that a try!  I think I may have found a macaron recipe that actually came out!  Definitely going to be playing more with those cookies (good thing they are so yummy!).

:: Our home has a few project lists for the year.  One of which is to replace our sad, loved pillows on our couches.  Bring on some happy pillow buying!  We are also in the process of remodeling our front bathroom, which is in need.  Ship Lap is also on the list of things to add to our home this year and I am soooo excited!  I keep adding other projects to our list and Jon keeps reminding me to stay focused on the task at hand.  ha ha.

:: Sewing.  I have some fabric that needs to be dealt with.  One quilt is almost finished. . . it's going to be so cute!  I also think there will be  few tutorials for some easy sewing projects if you are wanting a quick project or want to try your hand at sewing.

:: Finish some projects.  I have a stack.  I have this tendency to start and not finish things and every year I am determined to finish them.  This year, let's see how far I get!

:: Continue working out regularly and eating fairly healthy.  

:: Travel.  We already have plans in the works for our biggest adventure with the kids and we are so excited!  As our kids grow older, these trips are our favorite! Watching our kids grow and learn from traveling is probably one of my favorite things!  Definitely spending some time at the beach, because that's my happy place. 

So those are my goals for the year. What are you aiming at? What was your favorite accomplishment last year?  What kinds of projects would you like to see on the blog this year?

I would love to hear from you, so feel free to comment. . . it makes my day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...