Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday Favorites: 5 things I'm Loving Right Now

It came close to hitting triple digits today.  It's April. Send Help.  Just kidding.  Or not.

I promise it's not completely horrible. This is actually the summer weather I love.  Cooler mornings, breezy, and beautiful evenings are the best!   The evenings are perfect and no one wants to go to bed because it's perfect ball playing or splashing around in our little blow up pool .  So, sorry to my kid's teachers.  Oops.

Ethan counted that there were around 30 school days left, not including weekends. I haven't double checked his numbers, but we are ready for quiet, lazy days and adventure!

Also, I am beach bound without kids tomorrow and it's going to be in the 60's.  Bring on cute hats and sand between my toes.  I am ready!

Let's talk about some things I am loving lately.  I don't even know if you really care, but these are cool things that I really am enjoying.  No one is paying me to say anything.  Just things that are cool.

1.  Honest Mascara
I have been looking for a great mascara that doesn't clump and I thought I would try this one.  This one is awesome! I haven't had any issues with clumpiness and it continuously gives me longer looking lashes. . . and that's something I need!  Plus, it's at target for about $15.99 and it's super clean (I am turning crunchier by the day!).  The pink end is a primer and the white end is the mascara part.  I love having them all together!

You can find it here.

2.  Minidip pools
I came across these a few weeks ago, when it wasn't warm enough to even think about jumping in a pool and knew we needed something like it.  They are cute (my boys don't even notice I picked out the girliest print) and think it's pretty awesome.  They have grown out of those small little pools and we needed some way to cool off when we can't invite ourselves over to friends for swimming (we don't have a pool . . . it would mean sacrificing our grass/soccer field for a pool).  We tried this one out tonight and it worked great!  The material is super thick and I am pretty sure it will last all summer. . . and maybe next year, too!  We don't fill it up all the way, because that's a lot of water, but they were able to splash, soak, and immerse their whole bodies!  It's marketed towards adults and claims to fit 3 adults in and it totally can!  I am pretty sure this family of 4 might find their way into it this summer!

We found ours at Target for 39.99.
Here's a link.

3.  Everything Bagel Cream Cheese (non dairy)
The lure of Kite Hill products being 40 percent off for Prime Members made me do it.  And Oh, my! It's so stinking good!  My kids really liked it too!  I don't think it's going to last very long.  But, really they had me at everything. . . I am a serious sucker for everything EVERYTHING.  This is a great one for bagels and I'm thinking it might taste really good with egg over easy on top.  Okay, I am getting hungry just writing about it.  It's good. It's dairy free.  It's amazing!

They also have a strawberry one that Weston is waiting for me to find.  These new flavors are just the best!

Also, Amazon prime for the win.  It's really enabling my love of high end non dairy finds! 

You can find out more here.
We bought ours at Whole Foods.

4.  Write the Word Journal
I am loving this journal!  Writing scripture down is just one way we can engrain it into our hearts stronger than just reading it, and this journal is perfect for that.  Plus, it has a whole section for daily prayer.  I've really been loving the challenge in my life to become more of a woman of prayer and this book is really helping.  I've been marking the spots in the margins where God has just answered something. . . even the littlest thing and it's pretty amazing the ways that he works daily, that I often miss because I'm not taking the time to write my prayers out.

I started this in July and I don't do it everyday, but it definitely is something that I have been trying to do a few times a week.  I already know I am going to buy another one (they have other themes).  Plus, they are simple and pretty all a the same time!

If you are looking for a simple way to challenge your faith, prayer life, or work on being more joyful, these books are perfect!

I got mine on Amazon!

5. Navy Blue. 


 I just bought the kids some spring clothes, because they keep growing.  It's an endless cycle.  They eat (a lot) and grow (a lot) and need new clothes.  Apparently everything I am buying right now is Navy Blue.  From my dress to the boys shirts and a few other new additions to our wardrobes, summer will be very blue at our house. I'm completely okay with it.  Also, denim and chambray. 
(Both boys shirts and my dress came from the Gap.)

I hope you all have a wonderful time this weekend!  Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog!  I can't tell you how much it means to me. . . seriously, it makes my heart so happy.  If you don't mind, I would love for you to comment below and tell me something you are loving right now.   I love hearing from you! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...