Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Double Chocolate Muddy Buddies

I am spending today trying to pretend it's not going to be hot and fall-ifying my house.  Bring on the pumpkins and maybe some cooler weather!  I'll be honest, my sweatshirts are calling my name.  Also, I really just want to drink a latte at a soccer game without breaking into a sweat.  Who's with me? 

Anyways, while I am sitting here stalking the weather app for signs of fall, we need to talk about the amazingness of Chex Cereal.  I'm not sure when the last time I had a bowl of cereal with it, because it's so good as chex mix or combined with chocolate and peanut butter.  We love that it doesn't have soy in it either, which means it's Weston friendly.  Please excuse me while I do a quick happy dance. 
I had bought my chocolate chips and Chex mix last month to whip up a batch for our annual beach trip weekend and then I realized we were out of peanut butter. . . kind of an important when you are making Muddy Buddies.  I was feeling really frustrated because I wanted to make sure Weston had some snacks that he could enjoy while on our trip.  After about an hour of just feeling really bummed, it dawned on me that we had other types of Peanut Butter.  Score!  That's when the amazingness of these comes in to play.  WHITE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!  We may never go back!!!!
 Seriously, these are the best Muddy Buddies we have ever had!  You probably should make these right now because you will probably be thinking of them for weeks (or maybe just days).  I promise you will have no regrets about making these.  In fact, your friends will probably thank you!
 If you don't want to eat all of them, you can make some for your friends, take them to work, or just half the recipe (and then tell your family you used math today).  Then, put your kids to bed and put on a rom-com and relax.  Maybe even share with your husband or a good friend. 

Double Chocolate Muddy Buddies
adapted from the original recipe on the back of the box. 

Ingredients:
9 cups of rice chex
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup of White Chocolate Peanut Butter
1/4 cup of butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Pour the Chex cereal into a large bowl. 
In a smaller bowl, combine chocolate,  peanut butter and butter together and zap in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute (you wnat a nice smooth consistency).   Stir in vanilla.  Pour over the cereal and gently toss until it is evenly coated.  Pour into a zip lock gallon bag and add powdered sugar.  Shake well until coated.   Pour that onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it cool.   Take a few bites to test taste. 

Enjoy!

notes: 
We used Guittard dark chocolate chips because they are dairy and soy free and are probably my favorite chocolate chips.

We used Peanut Butter & Co's White Chocolate Wonderful (we buy it at Target or Sprouts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...