Friday, September 27, 2019

Fall 2019 Goals


Fall is officially upon us, even if I am ignoring the summer-like weather!  And with the change of seasons, I have some goals that I need to be set.  Life is busy.  Soccer season is in full swing as well other commitments.  I have things that I need to work on and so I am setting some goals, publicly, here.

Goal setting is something that I do on a regular basis.  Back when I was living the single life, in a college dorm room, I read a lot of Elizabeth George books.  They were just so inspiring and encouraging to me as I moved into adult hood and what being a woman after God's own heart was like.  In her book Life Management for Busy Women, George spends some time talking about priorities and goal setting. She mentions some of perks of goal setting that include motivation, energy, direction.  She says that, "Goals are drams with deadlines."  I just love that!   These helpful hints have stuck with me for the last 17 years.  I'd say that's some pretty good advice!

I have a planner that I keep all my daily goals written down on.  I love checking things off my list. . . I feel like I am way more productive if the things that I need to do are written down.  I even have a list of long-term goals typed out and taped to the wall.  This helps me stay focused and more productive.  I'll be honest, the idea of sitting around with a box of bon bons and watching a rom-con sounds quite enticing, but that NEVER happens.  Reality is that there is always stuff to be done and places to be.  I'll be honest, sometimes most of the time, I will do something and write it on my list just so I can check it off. 

I have also had to learn to give myself some grace when it comes to setting goals.  Life happens.  Stuff happens.  Things don't always go according to plan and that's okay.  Not everything I put down is going to happen each day and I have to be okay with that.  Knowing what my priorities are helps a lot with that.  If I don't get some cleaning done because my kids needed to talk or just hang out, that's okay. . . they are far more important than the rugs getting vacuumed.  And, to be real, sometimes I try to do WAY too much in one day.  I just can't do it all.  I can try all I want, but I will just run myself ragged.  I have to give myself grace.  I am far from perfect, there will be distractions, other more important things will come up.  I just have to go with it and do the best I can, making sure that those things that are higher priority (God, husband, kids, people, house. . . . ) don't fall between the cracks!

So here are my goals for the Fall:

1.  Lead a group of ladies through the study Open Your Bible, by She Reads Truth/Lifeway.
2.  Paint the ship lap in the bathroom and replace faucets and light.
3.  Finish 2 books.
4.  Work on Jon's quilt
5. Make two baby blankets for gifts
6. Turn 40 (I'm in denial)
7.  Re-organized desk drawers (chaos has arrived!)
8.  Try 3 new recipes
9.  Make coffee sleeves
10.  Restock card supply by working on some of my paper pumpkin boxes I haven't had time for.
11.  Sneak away with the hubby.


Okay, so these are my goals. Do you set goals daily?  Weekly?  monthly? or seasonally?   What are some of yours? I'd love to hear from you and even pray for you.


Other things to read:

:: Feeling overwhelmed?  this post has helpful hints to mark those things off your list.
:: How I use a planner and make lists.
:: on saying No to things.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...