Friday, February 05, 2021

KAF 2021 Recipe of the Year

I must confess that this post is drool worthy.  I am drooling just thinking about these cinnamon rolls!  If you've been here long, you might notice that cinnamon roll (or anything remotely resembling a cinnamon roll) are our favorites over in the Klassen house. . . just check the "breads" tab at the top of the page.  

Cinnamon rolls are kind of our Sunday morning tradition. . . even if they are a tube of pillsbury (because this mom doesn't always have time to bake up something homemade. . . true story).  I think it started out as an easy way for Jon to make breakfast before church so I could have some time to get ready in the morning.  In fact, I usually ate my breakfast in the car on the way to church!  Back when our man cub was in third grade (wasn't that yesterday?), his class had a feast and was asked to bring something that represents the culture of his family.  We thought long and hard about this one, and we realized that cinnamon rolls were one of our family traditions.  We baked up a batch of my then favorite cinnamon rolls. . . which sadly, I haven't actually blogged about (someday, I promise. . . because they are delicious), and took them to school to share with his class.  His cinnamon rolls sat next to delicious crepes, curry, tamales, kringle, and so many other delicious foods. 

I follow King Arthur Flour on Instagram and am a flour snob when it comes to baking (King Arthur Flour is seriously the best!).  So, when they awarded this particular recipe as this year's thing to make, I knew that we would give it a try and didn't doubt its fame. Last year's recipe of the year. . . deep dish pizza was amazing and all of their bake-a-longs have been on point!  My family devoured them so quickly that there were no leftovers and they are already begging to be made again!

  This recipe uses a Tangzhong, which can seem a little daunting because it's weird, but it's worth it.  It doesn't take much extra time and it results in the most soft and pilllowly cinnamon rolls that almost melt in your mouth.  A tangzhong is  Asian bread making method where part of the bread is cooked on the stove top. . . just a bit of flour and water.  Don't let this scare you. . . it's worth it! 

And so with that, I am going to leave you with the recipe and go cheer my boys on their final stretch of distance learning for the week.  I am READY for a weekend. . . a 3 day weekend at that!   Make sure you follow me on instagram or Facebook, because I am hoping to make these live in the stories tomorrow. . . Keep an eye out! 

BEST CINNAMON ROLLS & 
KA Flour recipe of the year

from King Arthur Flour 

(Click here for original recipe)

The recipe is perfect just the way King Arthur made it. . . 
go there and follow there incredibly well written instructions :)

 

Happy Baking! 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...