Friday, December 03, 2021

Sparks of Joy {Links that Make Me Smile}


 It's Friday!  Wowzers this week sped on by!

 I'm pretty sure I am going to blink and Christmas vacation will be here!  In just 2 short weeks, both kids will be home for 3 weeks!  I am excited!  But, I've got a clean house that is pretty much decorated for Christmas. I've have every intention of being finished with Christmas shopping before the kids get out! I want to go into this season with every intention of slowing down and savoring the days leading up to Christmas. . . I've got some projects, some baking, and a long list of Christmas movies saved up to watch. . . thank goodness Hallmark keeps coming out with new ones all the time!  

Every now and then, I like to sit down and just share some things that have sparked joy in my life lately.  So this post is just that. . . some fun, silly, yummy, creative, weird things that brought a smile to my face.  I hope that you take the time to click on maybe one of them. . . and maybe you will smile, too.  There is no space for joy robbers here. . . let's share the joy have some fun! 

::Advent started this week.  I am doing the She Reads Truth advent and the we are doing the Kids Read Truth advent cards as a family.  I love the intentionality of slowing down each night and opening our Bibles together. It is often the only time of year it happens and it's my favorite. It's not too late for you to join in. . . you can find the plan here.  It has links to the study, the verses and the podcast (which week 1 is with Annie F. Downs and it's so much fun!).  The Kids Read Truth Cards are have been bringing great conversations and suprisingly, still work with the teenager!  You can find the link here. (It looks like they are sold out of all the Christmas ones. . . but there are others!)

:: Amanda over on instagram (@graccieone) has been doing mini quilt Mondays and I think I'm going to go back and try them out after Christmas.  They look so much fun!  

:: I'm currently drinking this coffee and it's my new favorite! I also love their Buena Vista

:: I've been working through the 12 week workout program (second time!!) using my Flobody.  I love it!  

:: Have you seen 8-bit Christmas yet?  So good! 

:: Trying to decide if we are going to Elf some friends this year. . . have you seen this printable I made last year?  

:: There's also some free gift tags, a delivery driver treat sign, and a cookie exchange for free on the blog. 

:: This baked potato bar looks amazing for some Christmas gatherings! 

:: I saw a post (somewhere???) about a soup party that I want to do sometime. Everyone brought soup to share, and also a mason jar with soup for everyone to take home to freeze for quick, warm lunches.  Do you do a soup party? 

:: These sandwiches are going to be on our menu soon. I'm drooling just thinking about them!

:: Jon kept we awake and alert driving home in the fog last week listening to podcasts at half speed.  So much laughter!  You should try it! 

:: Emily Lex has been drying oranges and I want to give it a try.  They look gorgeous!  Maybe next week?

 :: Have you checked out the new Maverick City Christmas Album yet?  It's so good! 

:: And, if you are in need of some warm fuzzy animals doing absolutely hilarious things in the wild and got caught on camera. . . check out this!  I promise it will put a smile on your face!

Well, that's it for this week.  Let's bring on the weekend and all the Christmas stuff!  

Have a great Christmas! 

p.s. do you have something that is sparking you joy?  Post in the comments here or on facebook!  Can't wait to see what you share!


 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...