Thursday, December 03, 2009

In the mail. . .


Several weeks ago, the mailman brought me a package filled with all sorts of fun stuff from my sister. She lives 24 hours away (by car) and it's always fun to get something from her. This time it was filled with Ethan's belated birthday present, fabric, and this framed creation.
My sister found a stash of fabric from my great grandma, who died a year and half ago, that happened to be the same fabric from a quilt that she had made me when I was 8. Needless to say, the quilt is faded and worn (from many uses!) and I feel so lucky that she found it and made me a mini-quilt out of it. It amazed me to see the colors as they were when I got the quilt. . . so vibrant and alive compared to the comfortable, worn-out quilt I know and love.
This mini quilt is hand stitched and hand quilted. I can't wait until we move so I can hang it up in the office/craft room, where I can treasure if always. A special thanks to my sister!


1 comment:

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...