Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday and a yummy treat

It's Monday. Again. It always seems to come so quickly. This is Birthday week for my husband. . . who will be celebrating his 30th birthday on Friday. So, in honor of his special week, we are heading to San Francisco to check out the newly redone Science museum thingy. We are so excited. And then, we are having a bit party for him on Saturday night. So, this week, in between celebrating I am trying to get my house clean (including INTENSE cleaning of the kiddos room. . . we think he's allergic to it), and get my decorations finished. I am really excited about everything that I am doing. . . now if only I can tackle the laundry and the spilled bottle of baby shampoo in the bathroom.

So, since I am on the verge of insanity this week, I am going to leave you with (quite possibly) the BEST cupcakes you have ever eaten!

Devil's Food Deliciousness:

Cupcake - I cheated. . . it's from the box.

Filling - 1 container of marshmallow cream, 1/2 cup of softened butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp of water, and a dash of salt. Beat these ingredients together until nice and fluffy. Use your decorating tip to inject into the middle of BAKED cupcakes. (Believe it or not, I have heard so many people recently who thought you baked it with the filling inside.)

Chocolate Ganache Frosting - 1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips and 1 cup of whipping cream.
Place chips in a bowl and pour cream on top. Heat until soft. Allow to sit for a minute to continue melting. Stir well. Let it come to room temperature. Beat until fluffy. I used my star tip to do the frosting. It will get harder once you put it in the refrigerator.
TA da!!!!

1 comment:

  1. C'mon Jolie....where are you? I need my new recipe/sewing/craft project. You can't leave me hanging like this! But really, hope all is well and I look forward to the next post....Julia

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...