Friday, March 12, 2010

Peanut Butter + Oatmeal + Chocolate Chips = Amazing!

Last week, I went searching for an idea for cookies for Jon's lunch. I was in dire need in inspiration and ideas and not in the mood to make something I had made before. I thought about making these until I found this recipe. I will confess, it was the first place I looked and the first recipe I saw. They looked delicious. . . until I read the ingredients. . . then, they looked divine! No joke! It seemed as if they combined all the yummy ingredients of everybody's favorite cookies. I also thought that Jon might enjoy them because he's a Reeces fan and this could very well hit his lunchtime sweet spot. After being baked, they were just as good as suspected! I highly reccomend them! Let me know what you think!
This recipe came from Brown Eyed Baker. She is very, ummm, particular when baking. She carefully measures each scoop of dough so she can have perfect cookies. She will even tell you the exact measurement to the ounce if you want it. I don't own a scale and probably never will . . . there are just too many other cool kitchen gadgets to collect. Also, a scale would take up counter space, and my kitchenaid mixer will not give up it's home (I don't have a ton of counter space and I am not a fan of cluttered counters). I am really a fan of my medium Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop and that's what I use, for my perfect sized cookies. I don't make mine HUGE because I like to not feel guilty for eating a cookie every now and then.

Happy Baking!

So here's the how-to. . .

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.

4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...