Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Breakfast

After a week of scrubbing my kitchen walls, laundry, card making (soon to be posted, I promise), and chasing after Ethan, I am taking the opportunity to catch up on some blogging. This afternoon has been a most quiet day - the first in awhile. We got up, went to church and came home to REST. Oh, rest is nice. I relaxed by going to Joann's with my friend Steph. So nice and fun. . . shopping with out any kids! I think I am ready for this next week. . . whatever it holds.

We painted our kitchen Friday night. . . yeah, my grey color ended up being a beautiful shade of purple. I wish I knew what to do with this shade, I have a half gallon left (suggestions, please?). Needless to say, we will be repainting our kitchen this week. I am hoping the rest of the painting goes much smoother.

So, here is a delicious recipe that I found just prior to Easter. It made a delicious (as EASY) breakfast for us on Saturday (Easter Eve), when we celebrated our small family Easter (just the three of us and our traditions). Plus, there were plenty of left overs for breakfast on Easter - which was awesome because we had a busy morning at church and then back to back family gatherings out of town. Easy is good!

This probably isn't a recipe if you are going low carb or low sugar, but it is definitely good. I found it at skiptomylou.org but it's an allrecipes.com recipe that got about 5 stars. Who can go wrong with that, right?

Happy Baking!
Overnight Coffee Cake

  • Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sour cream

Topping

  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Glaze

  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions:

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt, add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.

In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over coffee cake. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Drizzle over warm coffee cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...