Tuesday, November 02, 2010

More pumpkin

Tuesday. Is it really? This week is so busy and my to-do list is ever so long and all I really want to do is sit back and enjoy life. I am taking a break from my sewing projects right now to blog and make pumpkin puree (the pumpkins are in the oven as we speak!). I am going to quickly finish this post, so I can go change and get to dinner out with the girls in my life group (something that we haven't done in awhile!).

Before I give you this amazing pumpkin recipe. . . what have you been making lately. . . please comment. . . I am curious.

Several weeks ago, I needed to come up with a super quick snack food/finger food for the Tuesday morning Bible Study I attend. This was my contribution. . . a yummy dip of pumpkin goodness paired with some crunchy, sweet apples. I only made a half batch, and it made just enough to fill my serving bowl. I will confess, my husband was a tad hesitant about me making this. . . he just didn't think it sounded good, but after one small taste, he was hooked. It seriously is like eating pumpkin pie. . . a really good pumpkin pie!



Harvest Pumpkin Dip
Tasteofhome.com

(This is the full batch, super easy to half)

1 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 can pumpkin
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Beat the above ingredients together and serve chilled. Super delish!


Enjoy everybody! I hope to be back tomorrow with another post. . . I have a lot of stuff to share (I have been busy!).

1 comment:

  1. Since you asked....I made the sour cream cranberry bars but using yogurt for the sour cream. They were good ...as good as can be with out chocolate. Then I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies using canola oil instead of margarine or butter. Those were exceptionally good. I also made the easiest soup ever, a chard and meatball soup that I think I found at a Rachel Ray site. Then of course I quilted a table runner, made a taggie for a friend's grandson and a secret for my grandson. I am have quilted a baby blanket and am now ready to bind it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...