Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin just never gets old!

Wow! I can't believe the first month of fall is so close to being over! Seriously, didn't it just begin? I probably have mentioned it a thousand times, but fall is just one of my favorites! Today, we celebrated fall with a trip to the zoo with one of my super good friends and her daughter. . . A fun day to be had by all, especially when the day starts out with a nice warm Pumpkin Spice Latte!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had a bunch of new pumpkin recipes for you to try out. This is the first one, and they are scrumptious. I must confess, I never would have even thought about combining butterscotch and pumpkin, but it works. . . really. . . it's amazing!


They look beautiful fresh out of the oven with their sprinkles of powdered sugar, but I only recommend doing them to the ones that will be eaten immediately, because the powdered sugar will just get absorbed into the cookie because they are so moist.

Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies
adapted from Joy the Baker

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup canola or corn oil

1 cup canned pumpkin

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup butterscotch chips

:: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat

:: Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs and sugar until smooth and lightened in color, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. On low speed, mix the oil, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended. Mix in the flour mixture to incorporate it. Mix in the chips.

:: Drop cookies onto cookie sheet in rounded spoonfuls. Bake for about 16 minutes. Let them cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...