Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cranberry Eggnog Muffins

Okay, so I have never made so many recipes from my Food Network Magazine, and the December issue I have made at least one thing a week. . . sometimes two. I am quite proud of myself. . . really I am.

This recipe just sounded good. I like egg nog. . . okay, I like Silk nog. It's completely egg and dairy free, but it still has this rich, creamy taste that is just delightful (thanks Steph for introducing me). This recipe gave me the perfect excuse to buy a container. These muffins came out incredibly moist and delicious. Even my husband, who strongly dislikes eggnog (due to the egg factor) gobbled these up each morning for breakfast. . . willingly. (it may have had something to do with the fact that I used the Silk Nog, instead of regular eggnog).
Charlie's Cranberry Eggnog Muffins
Food Network Magazine, Dec. 2010

Ingredients:
1 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
1/2 cup apple juice
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups eggnog
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tbs vanilla extract

Topping:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

Directions:
:: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
:: Warm cranberries with apple juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and let steep for 5 minutes. Drain.
:: Whisk the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
:: Whisk together the butter, eggnog, eggs,a nd vanilla in another bowl. Gently fold in into the flour mixture, but don't over mix. Fold in cranberries.
:: Divide batter among the muffin cups.
:: Make the topping by combining the ingredients eith yoru fingertips until it looks like wet sand. Sprinkle generously over batter.
:: Bake for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...