Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Toddler Time: Christmas Trees

Last week, we kicked off the first week of December by decorating our tree and doing an assortment of Christmas Tree crafts. I don't have pictures of all of them, but I will do my best to give easy instructions, and maybe I will get some pictures taken and add them later.
:: Paper Pieced Christmas Tree
Materials: Scrapbook Paper. . .construction paper. . . glue. . . scissors and/or paper cutter

Directions: Cut a triangle out of 1 or several pieces of scrapbook paper. If you want your pieces to be all different, you can cut them out of different pieces. I only used one piece of scrapbook paper, and cut a triangle out of it and then split it into several pieces. We talked about big and small, and we glued them on. I also cut out a star from some yellow construction paper scraps and had him glue it on the top.

:: Sticker Ornament Tree

Materials: Construction Paper, Green Christmas tree (out of construction paper), Yellow construction paper star or sticker, assorted stickers, glue

Directions: Choose a color for your background to glue the rest of your stuff on. Cut a Christmas Tree out of green construction paper. Have your child glue it to your background piece. Then give your child stickers and have them stick them anywhere on the tree for ornaments.

:: Foam Ornament Tree

I bought a pack of foam ornament kits at the Dollar Tree here in town. It was great, because it was 3 for 1 dollar! Super easy craft that Ethan loves to do. But, you can get them at Michael's or order them through Oriental Trading Company.


We are having so much fun filling our day with these fun activities. I can't wait to show you all our Gingerbread week stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...