Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

I honestly don't think my obsession for cookies will ever end. . . I keep finding amazingly, wonderful recipes to try out. It drives my husband crazy, because he is perfectly content with the basic Nestle Toll House recipe.

I also haven't been very quick to jump on the bandwagon of salting my chocolate treats. It seems to be a big baking craze. You can even find salted dark chocolate candy bars in the high-end candy bar section at stores like World Market. But, this recipe, I just HAD to try. . . it sounds delicious. Not to mention, peanuts add just a touch of salt anyway. My husband thought I was strange for sprinkling salt over the tops of my dough mounds before baking them, but they turned out so great. Apparently salt + chocolate = extra sweetness! Who'd have thought?

Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanuts
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

:: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with your favorite silpat or handy dandy parchment paper.

:: Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa) in a medium bowl. Set aside.

:: Beat together peanut butter and both sugars in your mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients until just mixed in. Using a rubber spatula, stir in peanuts and chocolate chips.

:: Drop rounded spoonfuls (I use my cookie scoop) and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake for about 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets, before moving them.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...