Friday, March 09, 2012

Lemon Crinkles

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but my lemon tree is overflowing with the potential of lemony- goodness.  Seriously.  My only hope is that I will get them all made before they go bad.  I haven't taken them all off the tree yet, so there's hope. 

So, I've been making a lot of yummy sweet that are just filled with lemon-y goodness. . . I made these cookies for Jon's lunch this week and they were so yummy!  They have a nice lemon taste that will make you think you are eating lemon bars. . . in cookie form.  They even have that powdered sugar on the outside and it is delicious!  

Lemon Crinkles
Source: Sweet Pea's Kitchen (slightly adapted)

Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Get your favorite cookie sheet out and line it with parchment paper, or my favorite, my Silpat (if you don't have one, I highly recommend them . . . they are great!)

In your mixer, mix together butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.  Add the egg and mix well.  You will probably have to get your spatula out and scrape the sides.  I just got a new paddle for my kitchen aid mixer and it scrapes the sides for me . . . Awesome!).  Add the vanilla, lemon juice, zest and mix until combined.  Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until nicely combined.  

I used my cookie scoop and scooped up my balls and dumped them in a  cereal bowl of powdered sugar.  Roll the balls in the powdered sugar and place them on your cookie sheet.  The dough is really soft. . . it's supposed to be like that.  I almost stuck it in the fridge to harden it, but cooked a batch and they came out beautiful.  They were so yummy and soft.  I just ate one today (i made them on Monday) and they were STILL soft. . . no joke.  I will definitely be making these again. 

oh yeah, bake for about 10 minutes. 

Have fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...