Monday, March 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Cups + Blondies

Spring is here and I can't stop sneezing.  I have a love-hate relationship with Spring.  As in it's my favorite season but it makes me terribly miserable.  Today we walked to the library and I felt like I was at the beach.  Seriously. . . the sky was really blue with white fluffy clouds.  In fact, I think the air was pretty clean (i'd have to ask the hubby about that one, he would know).   The kids even went down for naps super easy (they slept in. . . thank you time change!).  

Last month, I made these amazingly wonderful bars for our lunchtime snack.  They were the perfect treat because. . . what's that you see on top of them. . . yes. . . it is just what it looks like. . . Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  Seriously, could it get any better?  
 They were delicious.  I promise you. . . they did not last long.  I mean, can anything that has peanut butter cups both on top and mixed into the dough really last long?  I think not!
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
Borrowed & adapted from Gingerbread Bagels

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1 cup light brown sugar, packed firm
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp vanilla (i just pour it in. . . no measuring needed)
1 large egg at room temperature
9 regular sized peanut butter cups or a bag of miniature ones cut in half.  (It may actually be cheaper to do the miniature ones than buying 5 packages of cups).

Directions:
:: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
:: Lightly grease an 8x8 pan.
::  In your mixer (I used my stand mixer with paddle attachments), mix sugar, butter and vanilla. Add large egg and mix to combine.
:: Slowly add in your dry ingredients and mix until they are ALMOST all combined.  Then take the bowl out of the mixer and fold it all in together.  Thrown 6 chopped up Peanut butter cups into the batter and carefully fold them into the batter.  Spread evenly in your baking dish.
:: Bake for 20 minutes. Add the rest of the chopped Peanut Butter Cups by pressing them gently into the top.  Bake for 5 more minutes.  Let cool and then cut into squares. . . if you can resist waiting. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...