Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cakes and Bread {technique}

Yesterday was my husband's birthday.  He was very specific in what he wanted (to be revealed later). All I will tell you is that it is not funfetti and frosting out of a box this year!  All those episodes of Cake Boss are paying off!

In the meantime, while I upload my pictures off my camera, here is a quick method that I just tried when making it. I got it over at Baked Bree
yes.  you are seeing right.  There are slices of bread sitting on my cakes.  

I took my cakes out of the oven, let them sit for about 10 minutes and then turned them upside down on my cooling rack and stuck the bread on top.  Then. . . I went to bed (it was late. . . I was tired. . . sleep is good!).  

I got up and trimmed them (to make them even) and then stuck them in the freezer to frost later.  

It really worked. My cake was nice and soft after sitting out all night.  The bread was hard as a rock.  

Okay. . . so today is one of those days that it has taken me all day to write this post. . . so now it is past my bed time. . . going to bed now. 
Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...