Monday, March 26, 2012

Getting started

This morning the sun peeked out for a bit so I could get my image traced on my fabric. This flower is going on the pocket of my soon to be sewn bag. I need to get it done because it will be my carry on when I fly to Wyoming in 2 months.

I used an image from Aimee Ray's Doodle Stitching. . . which is just awesome!  If you've never seen her work and you love you some good old embroidery, I highly recommend her books. They come with a CD of all the images and you can print them out using WORD in whatever size you want.  It's great!

Then, on a nice sunny day, tape your paper with the printed image to your window (with lots of sun coming in) and then tape your fabric over the paper and trace away.  In this case, I highly recommend using a special pen (I got mine at JOAnns).  This one writes blue and erases with water. So, if you mess up. . . no biggy. . . just take a damp cloth and erase.  Let it dry and try again.  Super easy!

I hope you guys are having a nice Monday. I saw lots of post on FB on how stinky there Mondays were (to those friends, I am so sorry!).  I must confess that it is days like today that I really love being a stay at home mom.  I declared Mondays, as weekend recovery day a long time ago and it has really stuck.  We do laundry and a lot of hanging out, with minimal chores.  It's great.  It also happens to be one of my biggest baking days, since it is the beginning of the week.

See you later, friends!

oh yeah, and if you haven't done so already, please check out my facebook page and Like it.  If you already have done so, THANK you, THANK YOU!  You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...