Tuesday, July 03, 2012

For a good cause, part 2

I mentioned last week, that I was able to make a few things for a Dessert and Silent Auction benefiting my friends journey to serve at the Black Forest Academy in Germany.  When I had talked to my friend Marcy, she mentioned that she wanted something pretty and eye catching.  I had made this particular recipe before and knowing the craziness of the week that led up to the auction, I knew I needed to go simple, but pretty.  So, I made this: 
It's a Chocolate Raspberry Torte that was from a Quick Cooking and Taste of Home Cookbook.  It's an amazing recipe that doesn't take a lot of work, perfect for a super busy week!  

If you are interested in helping my friends raise enough support to get to Germany by the time school starts back up, you can visit their blog, here.

Chocolate Raspberry Torte

Ingredients:
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup cold milk
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 carton frozen whipped topping
2 cups fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish. 
confectioners' sugar

Directions:
:: Prepare the cake according to package directions.  Pour into three greased and floured 9 inch round baking pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (mine didn't take that long to bake).  Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.  

:: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.  Combine milk and pudding mix; beat into cream cheese until smooth.  Fold in whipped topping and raspberries. 

:: Place one cake layer on a serving plate.  Spread with half of the filling.  Repeat layers.  Top with remaining cake, dust with sugar.  Garnish with extra raspberries.  Store in the refrigerator.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...