Thursday, July 19, 2012

Craft Tray/art station

Ethan is almost 4 and one of his favorite things to do is make art projects or crafts.  Unfortunately, I don't always have time to find something for him to do or I just need him to sit still for a bit so I can get dinner on the table.  So, after several visits to various area children's museums, I became inspired by the art/craft section.  Each museum had it set up differently, but concept remained the same. . . independent art.  There were many different bins with various things you can glue to paper or items.  Here's the one he made at the Monterey Children's Museum: 

As a result of his love for gluing things to paper. . . and the amount of time it keeps him occupied, I pulled out my brownie pan (don't worry. . . I just bought some dollar store muffin tins, so they have a new home!) and filled it with some goodies like glitter sticks, stickers, sequins, paper scraps, pipe cleaner pieces, googly eyes, confetti, tissue paper pieces, foam letters, yarn, glue, and pom poms.
The cool thing about this, is that it allows you to step back and watch your child create.  It might not make any sense to you, but it is your child'w own creation. . . and they will be proud (plus, it keeps them occupied for long periods of time!).  
























Also, if you are looking for amazing deals on art supplies, I just picked up a some new pipe cleaners, pom poms, and eye balls in the $1 section at Target!  Go get them before they are all gone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...