Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ethan turns 7 and his painting party

I'm not really sure when it happened, but my first born went from being an active little toddler to a boy.  I feel like I blinked and it happened.  There are days when I really just miss those days. . . they were a little simpler and there were naps.  Man, I really miss nap time.   But, I digress.  He's officially 7 and had his first party where he got to invite a few friends from school and church.  It ended up being an incredibly busy day and if it hadn't been for the smokey/ashy air from the Rough Fire, he would have been a little late to his own party due to soccer (all games were cancelled because it of super poor air quality and raining ash).  It worked out though and it was a wonderful celebration of our sweet boy!  

This year we chose the fun theme of painting! We went with bright rainbow colors and just had fun with it.  There were so many things I wanted to do with this theme, but just didn't have the time for.  My very wise husband kept reminding me that no one else would notice. . . he's pretty much right! 

Ethan's party was at 10, because in our neck of the woods it is still VERY hot!  California does not get the memo that fall is coming.  I didn't really want to paint in the house, so in order to paint outside, we needed to do it early.   We still did a lot of candy, because a.) why not? and b.) the colors are perfect for a painting party!  We chose skittles, birthday cake M&Ms,  and lolly pops that I found at JoAnns with a half off coupon (score!). 
You can't tell by the picture, but underneath the yummy marshmallow buttercream frosting (recipe to come soon!), the cake is rainbow.  We went with the Duff Tye Dye cake mix that we found at Target (man, I love target!). 
To paint, we moved outside and stayed underneath the patio because it was really raining ash!  Each kid was able to paint their own canvas to take home.  We used painters tape and did block painting.  They turned out super cute!  I also had water color paper and water colors for them if they wanted to paint some more.  Everything turned out soooo cute! 

Aren't these paintbrushes awesome!?  IKEA for the win!  I bought a ton of them when we were there this summer! 


Here is Ethan and his best friend Abi.  Ethan was very diligent in making squares with his painters tape.  Abi made an A with her painters tape and check out how cool it came out!  I really love the little paint pallets I picked up at JoAnns (also with a coupon!). 

 We really did have a 7. . . I bought it!  We used it at the Beach House on his birthday, but I don't think it made it home with us.  So, my husband improvised. . . good thing I didn't throw away Weston's candle from this party!

And that's pretty much Ethan's party. 

 A big thanks to my best friend at Epiphanie design for taking pictures for me so I could focus on our guests!  I don't know what I would do without her!


Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...