Friday, September 25, 2015

Pizza Rolls


This is not the greatest picture.  I hope to replace it soon with another, but I keep getting asked how to make these pizza roll-ups, so I wanted to get a post done and I when I made a quick batch up last night, I didn't take any pictures until it made it into his lunch.  Again, I apologize!

I have made different versions of this over the years, but it's a great quick lunch recipe that's great hot or cold or great for a quick party treat.  I made these up for Ethan's 7th birthday party and they went quick!  Last night I made them for Ethan's lunch and they were eaten and then he asked for more when he came home for a snack!  

So, until I can remember to get the recipe pictures done, here's the rundown:

Pizza Rolls

Ingredients:
1 crescent roll pkg
pizza sauce (we like the Trader Joes refrigerated kind)
pepperoni pieces (we found Hormel minis worked out perfect!)
mozzarella

Directions:
On a cutting board, lay out the sheet of crescent rolls.  It should be one big rectangle.  Use your fingers to push the seams together.  Use a pastry roller to spread out a little, if you want. 

Spread sauce lightly to cover the rectangle.  Sprinkle mozzarella and pepperoni over it.  Roll up like a cinnamon roll and cut into slices about 1 inch think.  Place in greased baking dish and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes.  

Notes:
:: Good cold or hot!  They make great lunches!
:: If you need to make a non dairy version, the Daiya Mozzarella shreds are awesome!  I actually do it with them and no one notices the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...