Friday, October 21, 2016

Coffee Chat & random thoughts

I honestly cannot believe it's Friday already.  I blinked and the week was gone and all that was left was traces of a deliciously busy week.  So, I thought we should have coffee really quick and chat.

First of all, I just want to welcome those of you who are visiting my little space here for the first time.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you come back.  And welcome back to all my friends who visit when they have time (you guys rock!).  I am so very thankful for you and the time you take to join us. 

This post is just some random thoughts and tid bits about what is going on in my neck of the world.  Kind of like if we just sat down over coffee or tea and chatted, caught up, and enjoyed each other's company.  And what better way to wrap up a really busy week than this!?! 
Last night, I made macarons.  Not the coconut ones, but those super yummy french sandwich cookies that are taking the world by storm.  This was the third time I've made them, and the closest I've come to getting it right.  They looked gorgeous. . . until I touched them.  The majority of them cracked and it became a cookie sheet of sad deliciousness.  But, they will still be eaten. . . I promise.  I'm pretty sure I over mixed the batter and that's what caused the hollow cracking.  Lesson learned.  Eventually, I will get them perfect and I guess I will just have to keep practicing! 

Today was Ethan's field trip to the zoo.  We missed his first grade field trip last Spring because we all had some insane stomach bug, so he was super excited for this trip.  I got to go and even managed to grab some Starbucks before meeting them at the zoo.  He wanted to bring his notebook and pencil to take notes on the animals.  There wasn't much time for that, but notice his bag. . .It reminds me of Joey and his man bag (total Friends reference here).  I made that bag for him when he was 4 because he wanted a little bag to carry his stuff in.  It was way to long back then, but he found it and thought it would work. 
I may have a messy house right now, but my house is decorated for Fall.  Monday, I snuck over to Trader Joes and picked up some fun pumpkins and finished my mantle.  I am kind of impressed with my chalk lettering. . . it never happens like that!  There are a few more things that I want to work on and maybe I will be able to sneak those in.  We shall see.  Do you decorate for Fall?  What do you do?

We finally got to go to another Earthquakes game and it rained! Soccer games don't get rained out a whole lot (only for lightning. . . see, you learn something everyday).  We had a blast and didn't freeze our butts off.  The kids did some slip and sliding in the grass while we waited (in a down pour) to get some autographs.  My favorite thing about going to these games is the wide variety of Food Trucks. . . I counted 10 this week. . . that they have available inside the stadium.  The whole point is to come and get food and hang out.  It's pretty awesome (and fun!).  This soccer thing is growing on me. . . as long as I don't have to play.  (my face was always a magnet to the ball in Jr. High. . . oiy.) 
We checked off our annual visit to some pumpkin patch on the way to the game with a stop by Casa De Fruta.  Things have been so busy that I just don't think that it's going to happen any other time.  So, we got out and played in the rain, picked some cute pumpkins and headed on down the road.  

Well, that's just a tid bit of things that have happened and I am gearing up for another crazy busy weekend. . . just bring it!  

Here are some other random thoughts:

:: This election:  I can't take it.  I am done.  My husband likes to send me crazy videos that people put together about the debate.   Videos like this one.  Laughter might be the only thing that gets me through this. 

:: I know we are full on Fall mode, and these pumpkin muffins are being pinned and repinned like crazy!  I don't blame them. . . they are amazing!

:: I am still reading the same book Simply Tuesday and it keeps tugging on my heart strings. . . I think she wrote it just for me. . . uhhh. .  . anyone else feel that way with a book?

:: My son has been reading about what the Bible says about courage during his weekly Bible Study and I can't tell you how many times I have been reminded of those verses this week. . . be strong, be courageous, for the Lord, your God goes with you . . . oh, and Time Hop brought up a video of Ethan reciting the same verse when he was 3.  Yep.  I guess these are things I need to hear, because I have a project that I am just sort of scared to start.  It's one that I am not sure I want to share with people yet, but it's something that God has been whispering into my ear since last spring when I started praying about what he wanted from me now that both boys were in school.  

::  I got to have lunch with a dear, sweet friend and former college roommate this week.  It's amazing how time gets away from you and suddenly it's a good 7 years since you've hung out.  It was so refreshing to go have lunch and pick up right where we left off.  Is there a friend in your life that you need to reconnect with?  

And well, I think it's time I should go.  The day awaits and so does the "to-do" list that is ever growing.  I hope and pray that you have a blessed weekend!  Take some time to do something creative, read a book, or go on an adventure . . cor even call up a friend and see how they are doing. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...