Friday, December 02, 2016

on making lists & setting goals


Today. 

Today, was beautiful.  Kind of foggy and cold and perfect for blaring Christmas music as I drove around town.  I even picked up a Christmas in a cup (a.k.a gingerbread latte) from the Starbucks in Target! I can't believe how much I got done before picking up kids at school.

Right now I need to sit down and make a list.  I like lists.  I am one of those people that will make a list and add the things I've already done so I can mark them off.   I am also one of those people who has too tries to do too many things in one day and then feels guilty for not getting everything done.  I am sure that I can't be alone in this?  

Back in my college days, I read a book by Elizabeth George that talked about making daily, monthly, and yearly goals.  My daily goals tend to look a lot like a to-do list, but in reality, they really are my goals.  I'm really good at making daily goals, but not so great on the monthly, or even yearly goals.  This is something I plan on working on over the next few months.   So, I am going to start today and set goals for December.  Let's see how I do! 

December 2016 Goals:

:: Truth in the Tinsel - The kids insisted we do this again and I am perfectly okay with that because a few years ago I made it so organized that this year, I just had to print out the ornaments and everything was already together.  Easy Peasy.   We did day 1 last night!  I love our tradition and the kid's eagerness to focus on Christ and his birth.  We won't get them all done, but I am okay with that.

::  Finish Reading Simply Tuesday.  It's a great book, I just need to put forth the effort to finish it! 

:: Finish the kitchen cabinets.  I have 1 1/2 cabinets left and I just need to focus and do it.  

:: Be consistent in working out.  

:: Finish Weston's quilt top so it can be done before his 6th birthday. . . can you believe he's going to be 6?!?!

:: Try at least 2 new recipes.  

:: Get Christmas cards out by Christmas. 

 And that's that!  I'm keeping this month's goals small.  It's going to be a busy month with lots of fun activities, baking, sewing, and wrapping presents.  Today, I am staying home and finishing up decorating the house.  Christmas stuff is everywhere and I need to finish and clean.  Have a wonderful weekend!  Exciting things are coming next week! 

Do you make goals?  What are some of yours for December?  Feel free to share in the comments. 
 



1 comment:

  1. I love this! I love your blog. I've tried leaving a comment under my google account several times but for some reason it won't let me. So, I'm commenting under anonymous! Thanks for your words on making goals! I've been wanting to make a goal to pick up my phone less!!! Heres to sticking to it!!! Dorothy Halls

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...