Thursday, April 07, 2011

Accordion Card

Last month, my husband's grandparents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary, which gave me a great excuse to make a card with one of my new stamp sets that I ordered just before Weston made his grand entrance. I also got to play with my cricut. . . let's just say that I had fun.

When I started out with this card, I really didn't know where I was going except that I wanted my stamp (the flower and vase from the set, A Slice of Life. . . SU 2011) to be in a circle with a scalloped circle behind it. My circle ended up being incredibly big and I decided to try the accordion style. My friend Amy had made a similar card for Christmas (I think. . . I am just going from memory???).
The purple background is dry embossed using a stylus and brass plate that I have had for about 7 years (I probably haven't even used it since getting married, either!). But, I thought it would make a nice effect.

On the inside of the accordion fold, I found some coordinating scrapbook paper in my scrap pile and thought it would be perfect for when it gets opened up.

This was such a fun and easy card to make!

Happy Anniversary Gene and Wanda. . . I look forward to the day I get to celebrate my 65th with Jon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...