Tuesday, October 25, 2011

{Cookies} Heath Bar


I don't have a whole lot to say today. I' started this post last week. . . yes, last week!  I guess I have been kind of a slacker. . . oh well. I am allowed.  The baby is teething (2 on the bottom) so sleep is slightly overrated right now (although I am totally not complaining. . . he's almost 9 months and Ethan was close to 4 when he started).  It's also the week before Halloween, so we are knee deep in pumpkin activities, including a trip to a local pumpkin patch and IHOP for some "scary" pancakes for Ethan (I am so hungry for French toast!).  Plus, this weekend is Ethan's last Soccer game (Hooray!!. . . okay, so we have really enjoyed the entertainment of 3 year olds running around on a field breaking all the rules of soccer.  But, we are done.  Even more so, Ethan is done.  He's all about the tunnels, snacks, and his new friend, Jacob.)  So I am going to leave you with this amazing cookie recipe.  Heath Bar Cookies. . . you won't be able to eat just one!   
Here's the recipe:


Heath Bar Cookies
adapted from Bakedbree.com


Ingredients:
1 cup room temperature butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 bag Heath Bar pieces
3 Heath Bars, crunched


Directions:
Cream together sugars with butter for about 5 minutes.  Add the eggs, 1 at a time.  When they are all blended, make sure you scrape the bowl so everything gets mixed together.  Add dry ingredients together.  (I just realized after I was typing them all that I totally made these wrong. . . . but they still turned out great go here to see her recommendation.)  Add Heath Bars and mix until combined.  Spoon (or scoop) onto your lined baking sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Eat 1. . . or 2.  Share some. . . they are delicious!  


Have a great week!  I hope that I get on here soon, if not. . . I am still here, just busy having fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...