Tuesday, June 04, 2013

I {heart} ganache

I don't know if it just me, but spending the weekend with my son sick made me want to clean.  Not just pick up a few things, but serious deep cleaning.  I think I did this last month, too!  Yikes. . . thankfully today everyone is well.  I am hoping it stays that way.  So, yesterday I cleaned and still didn't get everything done.  Today, I have filled the dishwasher, put some clothes on hangers, and washed some towels, and played with my boys. Definitely not as productive as yesterday, but my house is clean and I got to play with my boys today! 

I don't know if any one out there reading this blog knows this, but I have a secret love for ganache.  Give me a ganache frosting/glaze/filling any day and I will love you forever.   I would rather have ganache than butter cream (I've had some good frosting out there, but nothing beats a good ganache).  The ganache tart (either big or small) is super easy to make (again, easy is good!). 

This particular recipe was super easy because I just picked up some of those phyllo dough shells and baked them for a few minutes.  While they were baking, I heated my cream.  A good ganache is 1 part cream and 2 parts chocolate.  Super easy.  I needed it to thicken a bit, so I let it sit for about 30 minutes. 

Then I topped each one with a raspberry.  These raspberries were super dark. . . I regret not dusting them with a bit of powdered sugar. . . oh well, there's always next time.

Ganache-filled Tartlets

Ingredients:
1 package of phyllo dough shells, baked according to package directions.
1/2 cup cream, heated
1 cup dark chocolate chips
raspberries, rinsed and patted dry

Directions:
Heat cream up in microwave until hot.  Usually a half cup takes less than a minute.  Pour chocolate chips into hot cream.  Stir until shinny and fully melted.  Let sit until it firms up a bit.  Spoon ganache carefully into each shell.  Top with raspberry.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...