Friday, September 27, 2013

Paper Pumpkin: Welcome Kit

Possible unknown fact:  I used to be a Stampin' Up Demonstrator.  I loved it!  I don't think I made any money. . . because it just paid for my addiction.  But, soon after I got married, I decided that between teaching, commuting, and being married. . . it was too much.  Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who lets me indulge in my hobby every so often.  

Possible unknown useless fact: I think that all those companies selling things that come to your door in boxes every month are really cool. . . seriously cool!  I'm talking companies like the Babba box, or those snack boxes, or say. . . boxes with stamps in them.  I think they have something going for them.  Like, say, something awesome delivered to your door than junk mail, bills, or propaganda.  I just wish they all didn't cost an arm and a leg!
 But, then Stampin' Up went and did it.  They made a box and brought magic into my house for just a mere $20.  (Don't worry. . . there was a lot of budgeting going into me subscribing).  They did it in a way that touches every woman. . . time alone. . . creating.  It's like magic.  And this magic includes everything to make the card (except tape, but a lot of it is adhesive).  The paper is already cut. . . so there is virtually no clean up.  Seriously. Awesomeness in a box (for me anyway).  Creating is a way that refuels me and that combined with time alone make it some of my favorite times!
 The Welcome Kit came my first month (August) and it came with everything to make the above card including the clear block for all the clear mounted stamps that will come each month.  I was completely in love with the yellow, grey, and green color scheme and the ombre polka dots.
 After doing one the way I was supposed to, I decided to let my brain free and try other layout possibilities using only what came in the kit (well... I may have added some string).
It was definitley a nice escape. . . without even leaving my house!  September's came last week and I can't wait to start working on the cards! Wahoo!!!!

How do you escape?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...