Monday, September 30, 2013

Super Easy Dinner

I'm going to share something amazing. . .

It's one of my go-to dinners that I found over a year ago using the all-recipes spinner app at the grocery store.  I love it because it has only small amounts dairy (kind of an important thing for me) and fresh produce. Plus, it looks really pretty on a plate.

Don't believe me. . . take a look. . . you will probably want to rush out and make this for dinner tonight. . . or tomorrow.

Linguini with Peppers and Sausage
adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
3/4 a box of stick pasta
1/2 pound of sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 small bottle of Moscato (or any other kind of white wine, but I think the moscato adds a sweetness to the pasta that complements the red peppers nicely).
Parmesan Cheese
Fresh basil, cut chiffanade style

Directions:
Cook Pasta according to package directions.  
While water is coming to a boil, cook sausage in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until light brown.  Using, your favorite spatula or this break meat into small chunks.  Add peppers, onion,and garlic.  Saute until tender.  Add wine and simmer for about 6 minutes, or until slightly reduced.  
Drain pasta and add to skillet.  Toss with meat/veggie mixture.  Add cheese.  Sprinkle with basil.  

Serve and eat.  It's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...