Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Ethan turns 5: Monster Bash Extravaganza

My oldest is 5.  I have been a mom for a half a decade.  Seriously, I am in a state of shock at how quickly this has gone.  I am not ready for the years to come.  I am so excited for what is going to happen in the years to come.  God is going to do some amazing things with this boy!  
 So, Happy Birthday to my first born!  (notice my smile?  it's my "the party's over and the kids are in bed" smile!).  The poor guy wasn't at the top of his game at his party. . . there's a nasty cold going around and it hit our house hard!

 These Chocolate cupcakes are my favorite!  There's nothing really else to say.  They are filled with a marshmallow cream filling and have a ganache frosting.  Have I mentioned that I am in love with ganache?

 I made a felt banner and bunting for his backdrop and it ended up looking like this.  So my husband (he can be a bit creative, too!) decided it looked like a monster's mouth and added eyes.  It turned out kind of cute.  

Since the party was a mid afternoon party, we just did snack-y foods.
:: I bagged cheddar bunnies into monster treat bags that I found at the Target Dollar Spot
:: Snicker's Caramel Corn
:: Deviled eggs (monster eyes)
:: Spinach Dip and Pita Chips
:: Chips, salsa, and Guacamole
:: Veggie cups
:: crescent dogs (not pictured)
:: Cake Balls
:: Cupcakes

 I did a lot with this party using my Creative Memories software.  Loving the way it all came out!
 They eyeball picture frame was one of my favorite things! I found the idea on Pinterest and went with it.  Target had a ton of eyeballs in the dollar section at the beginning of the summer, and I sort of raided it knowing I was going to be having a monster party.

The Letter E is a cardboard letter from JoAnn's and I wrapped it with some fun yarn.  I was going to put eyes on it to make it sort of monster like, but it never happened. . . and I don't think anyone even noticed.  So, it's all good.
 I did baby cups of veggies and ranch.  They were quite tasty.
 More fun digital stuff.

 What's a monster  bash with out a photo booth?  I found these ones here. I think that people had a lot of fun with this.
 I bought some fun monster kids through Oriental Trading for the kids to work on.







To end the party, all the kids got to pick out a monster (each one was different) and fill out this adoption form.  This may have been my most favorite detail about the whole party. 

The Invitation. . . with the important stuff covered up. :)
So, Happy Number 5 to my first born!  Even though your shoes are everywhere, we still love you! ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...