Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Meanderings

photo from here.


I'm back from my hiatus. And dreaming of all things fall (and trying to block out how hot it is here).  Things got so busy fast, with back to school and Ethan's birthday.  My to-do list seemed endless.  So, obviously I didn't blog.  But, I have lots of things to post about, so hopefully I can get back into a routine.

But first, some thoughts and ramblings.

:: I can't begin to describe how done I am with summer.  My sister called me the other day that she had snow.  I might have been a little jealous since we've had triple digit temps this week.  It's so hard to drink a hot latte when it's so hot!  Bring on the fall. . . and pumpkin!!!

:: Halloween is starting to come to mind. I think we are going to be staying home again and getting to know our neighbors.  I want to do something creative, but I am not sure what at this point.  Thank goodness for Pinterest!  Oh, and I need to come up with costumes for my Jedi and possibly a super hero or a surfer for the littlest little.

:: I've been playing with Stampin' Up's Yee Haw stamp set.  It's so cute and since Ethan's party with a Lone Ranger/Modern Cowboy party I just had to buy it!  I can't wait to show you how I used it for the party and then for some baby cards I am working on for our Family Ministries at church.

:: I downloaded this book for free on my Kindle this summer and I couldn't put it down.  I then bought book 2 and now I am reading book 3.  I had no idea until half way through the book that it was a 400 page book! It's not free now, but it's only 99 cents!  So worth it though!  I highly recommend it!

:: I found this blog post about decorating your house on a budget.  Great ideas!  But, seriously!  I wanted the same couch (not white, though) and bought an IKEA ektorp!  Great minds think alike!

:: I really want to make a family command center (you know, when I have spare time!).  I like this idea, this one, and this one.

:: I am always looking for good lunch ideas!  Annie's Eats has some great ideas!  I plan on trying a few soon!
:: Up until this week, I was probably the only person without a pair of ballet flats.  Well, that what I was thinking anyways.  But I found some great deals on some at the Gap and Kohls this week and I spent less than 20 dollars total!  Seriously excited!  Now to find me a black pair!

::  Thinking about starting this with our 6 year old since he doesn't want to play soccer this Fall.  I think it would be fun for him.

::  I started a new Bible Study last week!  I am co-leading a table this year and I am having so much fun already (it's only been 1 week!).  We are doing Pricilla Shirer's Gideon and It is so good!  I love that I have been finishing up this Joshua study over the summer and it Gideon just follows right along!  I really want to go back and do the She Reads Truth Hosea study.  Since it just ended, I might just do that.


And finally, if you are in need of a good laugh. . . I highly recommend this post!  It made my day!

 Bring on the new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...