Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Something new

I learned something new a few weeks ago. I learned how to can and make BBQ sauce at the same time. Although, I think canning is the greater accomplishment. I wanted to do something that was nice for the dad's in our family and found this BBQ sauce recipe that looked and sounded super good. I also wanted it to last more than 2 weeks in the refrigerator and I didn't want to give them a frozen gift.

My mom is on vacation and came up and helped me with the canning process. She brought her pressure cooker and we canned with great enthusiasm (at least I did, anyway!). It excited me to learn something new, however, it made me incredibly nervous sticking glass in boiling hot water.
For the BBQ sauce, I used this recipe from Annie's Eats. It was quite tasty, but I probably should have simmered it for the full 3 hours, but was in a hurry to go shopping before it got too hot and nap time came. I look forward to using it on some chicken in the near future!

Oven update: All hopes of having my oven fixed have been thrown in the trash since a 27inch oven is too small for the space provided. It appears that nobody knows what they are doing and it is incredibly frustrating. We'll see if this gets resolved by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...