Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tirmusu

Believe it or not . . . this post has just been sitting here waiting for me to finish for about 2 weeks now. Yikes!  Things have been THAT busy around here for me  and believe me when  I say, I am ready for a break from busy-ness. 

So, here it goes. . . . Tirimusu. . . . Finally!  This was our Easter dessert this year, because I was asked to make a dessert and it has sounded so good for so long. . . I have really, REALLY, been wanting to get my hands on some yummy Tirimisu.  
Pinterest once again lead me to an amazingly delicious recipe and this particular one did NOT fail.  It was scrumptious! I had hopes on buying some lady finger cookies, but apparently they all went hiding when I was looking for them, so I ended up making them from scratch. . . can I say. . . EASY!!!!  They were so easy and so delicious, I will probably never, ever buy them!  I used this recipe.
Doesn't that look amazing?  It makes me want to make some more. . . right now. But that would probably not be the best choice. . . better go find me some snap peas. . . . hope that works. 

Tirimusu
lightly adapted from here

Ingredients:
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Homemade Lady fingers from recipe linked above (so easy, you will thank me later!)
1/2 a cup cold espresso
1 tbsp cocoa for dusting

Directions:
1.  Combine yolks and sugar in the top of a double broiler, over boiling water.  Reduce heat to a low, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.  This is your sabayon (doesn't that make you sound like you are doing something super gourmet??). Remove it from the heat and whip the yolks until think and lemon colored. 

2.  Add the marscapone to the whipped yolks and beat until combined.  In a separate bowl, whipped cream to stiff peaks.  Gently fold th whipped cream into the sabayon mixture and set aside.  

3.  Dip the lady fingers into the mixture the espresso. . . very quickly. . . you don't want them to get too soggy.  Arrange them on the bottom of a 8 inch square baking pan.  Spoon half the mascarpone cream filling over the lady fingers.  Repeat process. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.  Dust with cocoa before serving.  


Notes: 
:: I made some small batches for my husband that didn't have espresso soaked lady fingers in it.  He LOVED it!  (He hates, coffee, but loves the filling!).  So this was a great fix!  I want to make this again, but skip the espresso and add some raspberries. . . doesn't that sound heavenly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...