Thursday, May 24, 2012

A wife that is trusted {p31, week2}

 A good woman is hard to find, 
   and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve, 
   and never has reason to regret it.
Proverbs 31:10-11, msg


Proverbs 31 is amazingly challenging.  It hits to the core of a woman's being.  It touches all that is sacred and important to her.  Her family.  Her home.  Her husband.  Her.  Some days I wonder, am I really up for the challenge?  


This week in the Good Morning Girls Bible Study, we have been digging deep into what it means to be a wife.  Not just a good wife, but a wife that is HARD to find.   I thought a lot about this verse this week. . . it broke my heart.  I thought hard about the state of marriage in today's society. . . it is broken.  Is a good woman really that hard to find?  Oh, I hope my sons find good women to be their wives. I pray for that.  May they be so blessed to have a marriage like I have with by husband, for that is rare.  


But seriously.  Divorce.  It's rampant in today's society.  People get married to have a fancy Pinterest party and forget what really matters. . . the relationship.  What makes a woman not be trusted?  Is it the words she speaks?  Is it how she handles the finances?  Is it how she spends her spare time?  Is it how she treats her husband (both verbally and non verbally).  Trust.  Isn't it needed in a relationship?  I can't imagine it not being there.  


I will confess there are times that I second guess my husband's trust in me.  We live on a tight budget. . . it's a small price to pay for me to stay at home with the kids.  I know that he cringes when I go shopping for groceries or when the kids need clothes.  I know he trusts my judgement and for that, I find peace.  I want my husband to trust me without reserve. . . as in no hesitation. I don't want him to regret anything about our relationship.  I want to be seen as a diamond (or a ruby). . . basically a beautiful, rare and priceless jewel.  


If I keep going, it just might be ramblings.  I hope that by the end of this study you will have fallen in love with the P31 woman. . . and Christ (single or married!). If you are interested in this study . . . it's just so simple and is quite the opposite of overwhelming. . . I highly recommend it!  Go here to get started. . . do it now. . . I dare you!  I PROMISE you won't regret it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...