Sunday, June 24, 2012

For a good cause, part 1

I got to stamp and bake last week, all for an amazing cause.  My friend Marcy and her family have spend this past year selling or getting rid of the majority of their possessions so that they call follow God's calling to Germany to serve at the Black Forest Academy.  BFA is a school where missionary kids can attend while their parents are serving on the field around the world.  They get an amazing education and are loved on by the staff. 

This weekend, they held a dessert and silent auction and I got to work.  I felt like I was a super procrastinator and finally finished my note card sets and my dessert by 4:30, and believe it or not, I had it to the church by 5.  It has been a busy month, but what a way to finish it.  I can't wait to show you the cool things I did.  

So, here's the first one.  It's sideways, thanks to my phone and instagram.  Just turn your head (but not to much. . . or too long, don't want to give you a neck ache).  

It's a set of 6 identical notecards that say "I would give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!"

Guess What, you can still get them. . . they are still available.  Wanna get these note cards AND help my friends get closer to their goal of teaching at BFA?  (Did I mention, he husband is going to be the new 4th grade teacher. . . they are already writing them letters and praying for them. . . that's so cool!)


I even packaged them up super cool!  and you won't get a neck ache by looking at this picture. :)

If you want to make a bid you can go HERE and bid or just buy the whole set. 

My friend Marcy, says she even ship it to you, for a bit of shipping and they aren't too heavy, so if you aren't' from Fresno or Clovis, don't let that stop you. :) 

Oh and remember my friend Stephanie who does those cool scrabble family trees?  She's also auctioning off two of them. . . You can find those here.

And, if you want to read about  my friends and their adventure you can visit their blog here




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...