Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Avalanche bars

Yesterday, I got to celebrate 7 wonderful years married to a super, amazing guy.  We were big celebrators. . . he went to work, I hung out with the kiddos, walked to the library, made dinner.  Yeah, it was a Monday.  Don't worry, we will have the upcoming weekend all planned out. . . kid free and I get my first golf lesson.  I think we may need to make a bucket list, just for the weekend, but no matter what it will be fun. . . I just hope my parents survive!
But in honor of it being our anniversary, I wanted to make my Jon's treat for his lunch super special.  So, I made these.  I've been meaning to make them for about a month, but haven't had time (It's been a busy month!).  Plus, I was pretty sure he'd think they rocked (i was right).
These things combine 5 of the best ingredients around: rice krispies, mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips and peanut butter.  Seriously, if your mouth isn't salivating about now, there might just be something wrong with you.  . . just kidding. 


I sent this picture to my best friend, and I kid you not. . . she was over about 5 minutes later.  I think she'll be making them next week. . . just a hunch.  

Here's the recipe so you can run out to your closest Target and get the ingredients and make them. . . tonight.  

Avalanche Rice Krispy Bars

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz bag of White Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 cups Rice Krispies
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + 2 Tbsp for garnish.
  • Lightly grease a 9x9 pan
Directions:

:: Melt a bag of white chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl.  I used my Pampered Chef small batter bowl. It's perfect for melting chocolate.  Heat for 30 seconds then stir.  It's probably okay to do another 30 second interval, but after that I would go 10 to 15 second intervals because white chocolate chips get really grainy when overheated.  It's gross. . . you kind of have to just toss them if they get to that point.  

:: Add 1/4 of a cup of creamy peanut butter into your melted white chocolate chips.  I didn't measure it. . . i just eyeball it.  Measuring PB is not my favorite thing to do.  

:: In a bigger bowl (I like a big wide bowl like this), pour Rice Krispies into it and then stir in your chocolate peanut butter mixture.  Then add in your marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.  Stir it up and then pour into your greased 9x9 pan (I used my square Pyrex 8x8) and press down.  This is a great time to let your favorite 3 year old like the bowl. . . Mine did a great job . . .I even had to pry the bowl out of his hands.  fun times! 

:: Let it sit for about 20 to 30 minutes and then it will be great for cutting  into.  

Send a picture to your best friend and see how long it takes them to ring your doorbell. It won't be long, I promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...