Sunday, April 28, 2013

The hubby turns 33 and cupcakes!

Last month, my husband had a birthday. . . it was a great excuse to whip up some cupcakes.  I made a cake, too. . . but that was a kitchen nightmare (seriously! Major kitchen disaster!).  But, the cupcakes came out so yummy.  My inspiration was these cupcakes that we often get from our local cupcake-ry.  Last year, Jon got all Cake Boss on me and made me make this, so I knew that I wanted to do something special for him and Boston Cream Pies are one of his favorite desserts. 

These were really good.  Plus, I love the ganache and whipping cream frosting combo.  It's my favorite sweet combo ever!
I love this guy!

"It's a Sweater!!!" He joined the rest of the 33rs in the family and got his really ugly sweater.


Now, I hope that this post makes sense. . . because I am incredibly sleep deprived due to the joys of motherhood. . .

Boston Cream Cupcakes

For the cupcakes you can go here to find the recipe. . .

Chocolate Ganache frosting: 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, heated up.  Then add 1 cup chocolate chips to heated cream.  Whisk together until a shiny brown.  Let sit for a couple of minutes and then drizzle over the top.

Filling: 1 box vanilla pudding, 1 cup milk.  Mix together and using a pastry bag, fill each cupcake with filling.

Whipping cream frosting:   1 cup cold heavy whipping cream, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1-3 tbsp powdered sugar.  Using whisk attachment on your mixer, mix until soft and fluffy, with stiff peaks.

Grated white chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...