Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day {Ramblings & Instagram}

Mother's Day was celebrated yesterday (Monday).  It was seriously all I could have asked for.  A day, to slow down, and (in the words of my friend, Dorina) breathe.  It was a day filled with fun, quality time with my husband and boys combined with my love of all things beachy (including some amazing fish and chips).  I went to bed last night exhausted and full.

You see, things have been really busy around here.  I was in dire need of refueling.  Mother's Day itself was busy and filled with church and family obligations, and salad making.  I don't say this to complain, because I struggle with my "selfishness" when it comes to Mother's Day and despite how exhausting it is, it is a lot of fun. (Does anyone else out there struggle with Mother's Day in some way . . . I would love to hear that I am not the only one). I love the moms in my life, but yesterday was what I needed. . . and it was amazing.  I am so thankful for my husband for giving me this day (which apparently has been planned for a couple of weeks.  Seriously, he made no hints when I said, "Fish and Chips sound really good for Mother's Day," when there was no possibility of going because of our already full day.  He's a really good gift giver and secret keeper.  In fact, I was completely shocked because we had only been home a week from our most recent vacation.
I have been so blessed with 2 amazing boys that keep my on my toes.  My third (and final) year as MOPS coordinator just wrapped up.  Ethan will be starting school soon.  I am in the midst of change. . . it's weird, but I am embracing it. I have committed myself to saying no for the next year (that's going to be a challenge, but something I need).  I am looking forward to a year of quiet.  A year of researching grad school options, enjoying my family, growing myself, and waiting for God to tell me "what's next."  I am excited to relax and rest.  Although, I am a tad afraid I might go stir crazy not having a ton of stuff to do (however, I highly doubt that's going to be a problem.
This week:
Posting some fun things onto my blog (I can't wait to have time for this again!)
Playing with the boys. 
I am eating Chick-fil-A to raise money for our MOPS group (wanna join us?)
Making lots of paper flowers for an upcoming bridal shower
Staying out of the heat

Also, If you follow me, you can now follow me on BlogLOvin'.  I have been using it and I really enjoy it.  I think you will too!  Come follow me. . . 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...