Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sprinkles make everything better! {Granola Bars}

Sprinkles are kind of an obsession.  I have a whole shelf of them, because seriously sprinkles just make everything better.  I am sure you would agree.  
We eat a lot of granola bars around here.  In fact, they are kind of a necessity for lunches.  However, one week we were out honey, which is one of the major ingredients for our usual recipe, but I found this recipe and happened to have a different ingredient. . . one that was not only unexpected, but also something I had in the pantry: Yellow Cake Mix! These were a big hit, especially by the Ethan.  I will definitely be making these again in the very near future.   And you probably have sprinkles in the cupboard. . . for ice cream. . . you know the ones?



I got the thumbs up by this one. . . that's BIG in my house!

Cake Batter Granola Bars
from le Crem de la crumb

Ingredients:
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup light Karo Syrup
2 cups oatmeal
3 Tbsp oil
1/2 cup cake batter mix (as in the dry stuff, out of the box, nothing added)
2-4 tbsp sprinkles

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.  Spray an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray.  Mix together the first 5 ingredients.  Then, gently mix in sprinkles.  Bake for about 10 minutes.  Allow to cool before cutting into bars.

I like to store mine individually in snack bags and I have a counter jar that holds granola bars specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...