Thursday, April 13, 2017

What's for Dinner {March 2017 edition}

 Spring Break is happening as we speak and it has been wonderful.  Slow mornings, sleeping in, basketball, movies, and a few spring cleaning chores thrown in here and there.  We even fit in a snow day.  So, I thought before we head to the movies, I would fit this blog post in. . . it's easy. . . and we still have to eat, right?  

 If you are new to the blog, this is a post I try to do monthly, where I share recipes that we tried from magazines, internet, cookbooks, etc.  If we liked them, I share them with you, so you can try them, too.  If I made something we didn't like, It won't make it onto the blog.  Call me your own personal guinea pig.  or not.  No one really likes being called a pig.  (I wish I could put a silly emoji right here.  because.)

My goal is to try at least one new recipe a week.  Sometimes it happens, sometimes it's a flop.  Sometimes we just don't have time to try something new and we just wing our way though the week.

Crispy Southwest Wraps
This recipe was one of our favorites and will probably be on the menu many, many more times!  It was easy, inexpensive, and quick.  It also lasted us 3 nights!!!  I made an avacado crema to dip it in and it was perfect. They were loved with the cheese and without.  The next time I make these, I think I am going to try to freeze a batch, so we can have them for quick lunches and crazy night dinners. 

Honey Sriracha Chicken
This chicken was delicious! We cooked it on the grill (which I try to do as much as possible to limit dishes. . . that's how I roll). It came out so moist and juicy that we couldn't wait for leftovers the next night. 

Pretzel Dogs
This week we are celebrating the end of indoor soccer classes.  While they have been fun and perfect for the boys, the 2 days a week of dinner time classes is getting old.  Miraculously, we have only gone out to eat once as a whole family and once to get a treat for the boys.  Because of our crazy schedule, I have been on the lookout for fun food that I can throw at our boys on the way out the door.  This one was a HUGE hit with everyone!  The homemade bread dough and hot dogs were just wonderful!  I think I might even make a batch of these to freeze for future quick meals, too!
We also had Jambalaya, but I that's a blog post coming soon!  I can't wait to share that one with you, it was delicious.

Other recipes that we ate were carne asada tacos (on another what's for dinner post), spaghetti and meatballs, French Dips with our local meat market's deli roast beef, chicken and veggie skewers, and paninis. 

I hope that inspires you in the kitchen this month.  Is there anything that you've tried that should be on our table next month?  Anything you want me to try with my family before you try it with yours?  Feel free to comment or send a link to me.

Happy cooking!


1 / 2 / 3 /

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...